Here at AOP we have a Registered Psychologist with over thirty years experience in working:
- with a wide range of people: individuals, couples, groups, various ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds, children, adolescents and adults
- in a diverse range of settings: schools, private practice, organisations: Relationships Australia, Department of School Education, Department of Immigration and Citizenship.
- with our Returned Servicemen and women. We have connections with VVCS and the Australian Defence Forces.
Trained in NYC, USA and accredited in Advanced International Certification and Training in Schema Therapy by the founder of the therapy, Jeffrey Young, and Wendy Behary with two years supervision by Robin Spiro.
Extensive experience in Torture and Trauma counselling with refugees and humanitarian entrants.
Over thirty years experience working with children and adolescents in educational settings as teacher and School Counsellor.
Accredited Partners in Depression Facilitator (a beyond blue initiative funded by NIMH)
Proficient in administering and interpreting psychometric, diagnostic and screening assessments
- cognitive, (WAIS-IV, WISC-IV, WPPSI, WMS)
- educational, (WIAT-II)
- behavioural, (Connors, ASEBA, Vineland)
- personality assessments: (PAI, MMPI-II, NEO-R)
- Autism Spectrum Disorders (ADOS and ADI-R)
(List not exhaustive)
Skilled in developing intervention programs for cognitive, behaviour and learning problems.
Government, Private schools
Adult, Child and Adolescent
Relationships, couples and family
Culturally and Linguistically Diverse
TAC, VVCS, Medicare, Worksafe, EAP, Victims of Crime
Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
ST Internationally Trained (New York, USA)
CBT Institute NYC, USA
New York Institute of Schema Therapy, NYC, USA
ISST (International Society of Schema Therapy)
Albert-Ellis Institute REB-T MC, USA